Camp O Day will be a “day of giving back,” along with recognizing and remembering the Camp Ondessonk history – similar to a Founders Day.
On June 28, 2021, Camp Ondessonk will celebrate the first ever Camp O Day! This day will be set aside each year to honor the first day of summer camp at Camp Ondessonk in 1959. Camp O Day will be a “day of giving back,” along with recognizing and remembering the Camp Ondessonk history – similar to a Founders Day.
Camp Ondessonk is planning to celebrate in several ways, including:
- Social media posts will recognize special dates and events that have taken place throughout the past 62 years.
- Campers will participate June 28, 2021, in a special day of celebration.
- Giving back through:
- donations to support the mission of Camp Ondessonk;
- in-kind gifts to provide supplies needed for programming;
- pledges from volunteers to help with work projects around Camp.
"We are very happy to commemorate the first Camp O Day this year. After a difficult year in 2020, we are more than excited to honor and celebrate Camp’s history with both our campers and the community," says Dan King, Camp Ondessonk's executive director. "We are asking those who are able to come together to help us reach our Camp O Day goals."
Camp Ondessonk’s goals are big – aiming to raise $5,000 in cash gifts; $5,000 in in-kind gifts; and 200 pledged volunteer hours. If Camp Ondessonk hits their goals, a generous supporter will donate an additional $4,000! Those wishing to participate in Camp O Day can visit ondessonk.com/campoday or follow #CampODay on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.